Saturday, March 21, 2015

Baby News

Guess what? He kicked!! WOO-HOO! XD

Baby made my day last week. I was laying on my side Sunday morning and all of a sudden felt these little thumping kicks against the side that was on the bed. I think I've felt something similar before, but it wasn't near as strong as these were, so I was never SURE of what I was feeling. Those three or four little thumps seemed to open the floodgates. Now that I know what to look for (and now that he's gotten so much stronger) I feel him move pretty often. His favorite time to move is at night between 9:00 and 10:30, sometimes closer to 11:00. I think I read somewhere that babies sleep during the day and are awake at night, so that would make sense.

It was pretty cool to feel him, but I felt bad for Josh. He was excited for me since he knew how badly I'd wanted to feel baby move (he'd actually started including that as a prayer request in our night-time prayers :) ), but it was hard for him to fully appreciate since he couldn't actually feel him himself. He wasn't upset or anything; I was the one all anxious for him to really EXPERIENCE what I was describing, but I tried to be patient. Then, I think it was Thursday, I was looking at my tummy while I felt junior moving and I SAW him! Like, I actually saw my belly poke out a little when he moved. :D So then I thought 'If I can see that then maybe Josh could feel it!', but baby didn't move much that day, so I forgot to try.

Then, last night I was laying on my back, and Josh had his arm on my belly and baby kicked. It felt way stronger than usual because of the pressure from Josh's arm, so I quickly asked if he had felt anything. 'No,' he says, and I start thinking it must just feel strong to me. But Josh moved his hand over were I said the moving was to see if that helped. Baby kicked again and 'Hey, I felt it that time!' Woo-Hoo! I was so excited! You would think baby knew his Daddy was there 'cause he started kicking and wriggling up a storm. Josh is like 'What's he doing in there, dancing?!' which made me laugh (I also was giggling a little before that 'cause I was so happy) and Josh says 'Wait, don't do that, it messes it up' so I tried to hold it in. :)

All that in one week! Once he got started baby didn't waste time. :) It's so wonderful to feel life inside me; it makes it more real.

No comments:

Post a Comment