Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Sugar Tests

Most of my Dr. appointments have been pretty uninteresting so far. Just the regular stuff. The one before my most recent one though, was a little different. I took the one hour sugar test. Blegh. Drinking 5 oz. of sugar syrup is NOT healthy. I failed that test. My Dr. said that that was a test to see if I could possibly have gestational diabetes. Since I failed that meant I had to have the three hour test to make sure I didn't have it. So this past Monday my wonderful husband drove me to Tuscaloosa. He took me 'cause after the first test I felt pretty yucky (probably the crash after the sugar high they likely gave me :P), and Mrs. Tracy said sometimes the three hour test can be worse. I wasn't allowed to eat or drink anything for six hours before the test (my Dr. did say I could have water), then they pricked my finger and made me drink even more sugar syrup than the last time. I could feel myself getting light-headed. Then I sat for an hour, got another finger prick which they checked and said I'd passed, and sat for another hour. Then ANOTHER finger prick, and I passed that one too, so I didn't have to stay for the last one. Josh bought me lunch and we went home. :) I took a longer nap that day than I've taken in a long time. I repeat: that much sugar at one time CANNOT be good for someone's system.   

I'm planning on doing a baby bump post soon. I haven't taken a ton of pics, but I thought it might be fun to put them all in order. A 'baby bump progress' post. :)

The other thing I'm working on is fixing up the guest room so it can be the nursery. There's been a lot of rearranging; hopefully that'll be done soon. Maybe I'll do a post about that too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment