Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Jam Session!

Our neighbours invited us over for supper last night, and after we had eaten, the oldest boy showed us his bodhrans, (celtic drums). What started out as an introduction to celtic instruments turned into an all out jam session, with a guitar, a mandolin, a couple of bodhrans, a harmonica, lots of singing, and even a little dancing. Lydia took some video, but not much I'm afraid; Den and I were bemoaning that fact this morning. If I can get the video to work I may post some of what she took.

It was too much fun not to do again. I'm looking forward to next time! 

6 comments:

  1. DITTO!!!! (About looking forward to next time, I mean) I'm even trying to get my voice warmed up so that I can sing louder and with more confidence. =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Kylie When are we doing this again? I'm wanting to break the instruments back out and make some noise. ;)

    Y'all been practicing any songs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whichever Friday you guys are available. The sooner the better!

      As far as songs we've just been practising hymns on the piano as usual. Have you or Courtney got any suggestions for other songs?

      Delete
    2. I'll talk to Courtney about scheduling. I definitely want to coordinate that again, as it was simply too much fun NOT to do it again. :)

      Regarding songs.. Give me a few hours to ponder this and I'll come back. I want to list a few of my favorites that would be fun to sing in harmony and easy to play along with. Let me see what I can come up with.

      Also, I have two bodhrans, so if you'd like to borrow one of them and practice with it, feel free to do so. Just let me know.

      Delete
    3. Two things:

      1) Sorry about the delay with the song list. I'll bring it with me to church.

      2) As it turns out, we won't be able to play/sing together on Friday, as we have dance classes that day. How does Saturday look for y'all?

      Delete
  3. I have not been doing well checking my email recently! Were you talking about a specific Saturday, or just Saturday in general?

    ReplyDelete