Friday, December 6, 2013

Shelf Building

Today Daddy built me a shelf. I only wanted a simple, single shelved, unadorned, bookshelf, and I was willing to wait for a while until he had finished his more important projects before I got it. Instead he made me this gorgeous, double shelved....art project, in one day, just 'cause he's awesome that way. = )


The plan.



The materials. (All of this stuff was leftover from other projects by the way. Waste not. ;D)

Measuring.

Measuring again.

 And measuring some more.

I learned what a dado is today. Here's Daddy cutting it.

And cleaning it up.

And voila! One dado.

Some more measuring!

Some assembly.

Some sanding.

One lovely bookshelf! 

All that's left is some wood putty in the cracks, some paint and it's done! I'll try to remember to post pictures of the finished product.
 

 
  

1 comment: