Wednesday, December 11, 2013

This past Monday I decorated for Christmas. I like trying to do something a little different each year, which can be difficult since I'm also the kind of person who likes to go through and get rid of 'unnecessary' decorations so that there's less to store (and consequently fewer decorating options). I guess it's a good thing I enjoy a challenge now and then. : )

Daddy took this buck on a hunting trip two or three years ago. We started decorating him the second Christmas after Daddy had him mounted I think. Doesn't he look festive? (While I'm on the subject, we've been thinking he needs a name. Got any ideas?)

It probably took me about two hours to finish the rest of the house, but it was worth it. It just doesn't really feel like Christmas to me until I get the decorations up. 

Now today, the project was demolishing the little playhouse that's rotting in our back yard. I forgot to take a before picture, so you'll just have to imagine what it looked like with a little roofed front porch.

See the bare patch? That's where the porch used to be. I got up on the roof to peel of the shingles, an easy job except for the fact that parts of the roof were rotting, and I couldn't really be sure if what I was sitting on was stable.

I also forgot to take pics of us working. By the time I remembered, Den was finishing the last board, so I snapped a picture real quick.
In case you can't tell, she's hammering out nails so we can burn the wood. 

Lord willing I'll post more as we go along. 


No comments:

Post a Comment